Sunday 18 November 2012

Embossed Acetate Card

As The Stampman is running a competition for embossed cards I am in the groove for embossing - although to be truthful most of my cards are embossed in some way as I like the different textures and effects.  I wanted to emboss some acetate and so this was the starting point for my card.  Before I embossed the acetate I wanted to colour it in some way.  I used some white Stazon ink and mixed this with different colours of mica powders to dab onto the acetate.  When dry I embossed with Couture Creations "Seedling Nouveau" embossing folder.  I then stroked a purple Stazon over the embossed acetate to highlight it.  The topper is made with a piece of card which I coloured and stamped with one of the Butterfly Beauties from Aspects of Design.  The stamp was inked with Marvy La Plume pens and embossed with crystal embossing powder (sorry but this never photos well). 

The Stampman Embossing Challenge
The card finished with a Stampendous sentiment, some stash ribbon and some card candy.


Love this acetate - coloured, embossed and highlighted.


Aspects of Design Butterfly Beauties stamp - difficult to photo as glitter embossed (also around the edges)









No comments:

Post a Comment